HIGH-PERFORMANCE SOUND ABSORPTION INSULATION FOR A QUIETER ENVIRONMENT
ArmaSound® RD240 is a versatile acoustic absorber designed for use in a variety of acoustic applications. A high-performance sound absorber, it also offers additional barrier (transmission loss) performance and both vibration damping and de-coupling (isolation) properties.
Delivering optimal performance at lower thicknesses than traditional materials, ArmaSound® RD240 is a uniquely advanced open-cell acoustic insulation material. Depending on the thickness chosen, ArmaSound® RD240 offers excellent sound absorption behaviour across the frequency range.
With a density much greater than traditional acoustic absorption materials, it is also suitable for some applications that may call for an acoustic airborne noise barrier.
ArmaSound® RD240 provides a dust- and fibre-free solution that is suitable for use in a range of demanding environments.
The acoustic properties of ArmaSound® RD240 varies depending on formulation, density and thickness. The best results will be achieved by selecting the most appropriate product grade for the type of noise in question.
- Excellent sound absorption behavior
- Easy application and low maintenance
- Designed for use in demanding environments
- Compliant to ISO 15665 Classes A to C and Shell DEP 31.46.00.31-Gen Glass D
- Satisfies acoustic classes 6, 7 and 8 according to NORSOK R-007
- Highly hydrophobic, open-cell structure designed to resist water ingress
- Optimum density, air-flow resistivity and complex pore geometry for maximum acoustic benefit
- Open cell structure with complex pore geometry allows for effective absorption of air-borne sound across a broad frequency range
- Unique combination of physical properties allows absorption to be maximised at key "nuisance" frequencies
Sound Barrier (Transmission Loss)
- Relatively high density and high flow resistance offers an effective barrier to sound
- May be suitable for use as an alternative to complex 'foam-barrier' multi-layers
Vibration Damping and De-Coupling (Isolation)
- Visco-elastic properties help dampen or deaden resonance effects in metal panelwork (e.g. enclosures or ducting) which helps to reduce associated 're-raditaion' effects
- Reduces structure-borne noise transmission in flooring when used as isolation pads