HIGH-PERFORMANCE SOUND ABSORPTION INSULATION FOR A QUIETER ENVIRONMENT
ArmaSound RD240 is a versatile acoustic absorber designed for use in a variety of acoustic applications. A high-performance sound absorber, it also offers additional barrier (transmission loss) performance and both vibration damping and de-coupling (isolation) properties.
Delivering optimal performance at lower thicknesses than traditional materials, ArmaSound RD240 is a uniquely advanced open cell acoustic insulation material. Depending on the thickness chosen, ArmaSound RD240 offers excellent sound absorption behaviour across the frequency range.
With a density much greater than traditional acoustic absorption materials, it is also suitable for some applications that may call for an acoustic airborne noise barrier.
ArmaSound RD240 provides a dust and fibre free solution that is suitable for use in a range of demanding environments
The acoustic properties of ArmaSound RD240 varies depending on formulation, density and thickness. The best results will be achieved by selecting the most appropriate product grade for the type of noise in question.
- Excellent sound absorption behavior
- Easy application and low maintenance
- Designed for use in demanding environments
- Compliant to ISO 15665 Classes A to C and Shell DEP 31.46.00.31-Gen Glass D
- Satisfies acoustic classes 6, 7 and 8 according to NORSOK R-007
- Highly hydrophobic, open-cell structure designed to resist water ingress
- Optimum density, air-flow resistivity and complex pore geometry for maximum acoustic benefit
- Open cell structure with complex pore geometry allows for effective absorption of air-borne sound across a broad frequency range
- Unique combination of physical properties allows absorption to be maximised at key "nuisance" frequencies
Sound Barrier (Transmission Loss)
- Relatively high density and high flow resistance offers an effective barrier to sound
- May be suitable for use as an alternative to complex 'foam-barrier' multi-layers
Vibration Damping and De-Coupling (Isolation)
- Visco-elastic properties help dampen or deaden resonance effects in metal panelwork (e.g. enclosures or ducting) which helps to reduce associated 're-radiation' effects
- Reduces structure borne noise transmission in flooring when used as isolation pads
Armacell. Global presence. Local focus.
ArmaFlex is Armacell's product heritage. The standard ArmaFlex product is manufactured across the Armacell world and customised to meet local requirements and often combined with other products into hybrid solutions. ArmaFlex FRV, for example, has been fire-tested for vertical pipe chases to NFPA 274, is free of fibre and formaldehyde and has a Type III Environmental Product Declaration (EPD).