As inventors of flexible foam for equipment insulation and a leading provider of engineered foams, Armacell develops innovative and safe thermal, acoustic and mechanical solutions that create sustainable value for our customers. We aim to help you achieve the progress you want in their projects, every step of the way.
In this know-how series, we simplify the engineering behind insulation so that you can make the informed choice about the right insulation for your project. You will also learn about how to correctly install our products – which are compliant with local and international regulations, to save you the hassle of call-backs or replacements in the future. Still trying to decide? Whatever it is, we’re here beside you for the journey.
// Choosing the right thickness
- You've shortlisted the right material to use, but what is the recommended thickness to ensure reliable condensation control for your project? Here's cheat sheet to help you get the information in just 1 minute with ArmaWin.
- Here's a video to guide you with getting the recommended insulation thickness for a new project with ArmaWin.
- Here's a video to help you understand the performance of your insulation for an existing project with ArmaWin.
// Moisture Test
- Which material should you choose for your project? Read this 2-page test summary to make an informed choice for your next project.
// Why We Insulate ?
- Why is insulation important? Here are 3 reasons.
- What are key terms you should be aware of when considering the insulation material to use? Here are 3 you need to know.
BS 476 refers to the British standard for fire tests on building materials and structures. Part 7 specifies the test method for measuring the lateral spread of flame along the surface of a test specimen. During the test, the measurements recorded include... Read more
BS 476 refers to the British standard for fire tests on building materials and structures. Part 6 specifies a method of test for providing a comparative measure of a flat material/assembly's contribution to the growth of a fire. It takes into account the combined effect of factors such as... Read more
The FM approval is an approval requirement for insulation material used on the exterior of non-combustible pipes or ducts. This standard uses a full-scale test for pipe and sheet insulation. Tests in this standard are different from the BS 476 standard as... Read more
The NFPA 274 Standard Test Method is a full-scale test that uses large samples to simulate how insulated pipes in a confined vertical configuration may behave during a growing fire situation. It may be a more realistic assessment as it reflects the actual... Read more