- Armacell Asia Limited (collectively, “Armacell”, “we”, “us”) respects and protects our customers’ privacy and personal data in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) of the Laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
2. What personal information about you does Armacell collect and hold?
- Armacell may collect the following information from you or about you:
- name(s), address, email address, telephone number(s), including information provided at the time of posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information at other times, for example in connection with a promotion or when you report a problem with our site;
- details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders (including correspondence and purchase history);
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of your visits to our Website and the resources that you access;
- any other personal data which Armacell is required to collect for identification and verification purposes; and g. any additional information provided in a consumer or commercial credit application you make.
3. How does Armacell collect personal data?
- Armacell will generally collect personal data directly from you. Armacell may also collect personal data that you provide via our Website and on social media, from lists that we may acquire from organisations that have your data and to whom you have provided consent to pass on such information, from regulatory authorities, from Armacell’s related bodies corporate and from our service providers. Armacell holds your personal data on the secure servers of Armacell and its related bodies corporate located within Germany.
4. What does Armacell do with your personal data?
- We treat all your personal information as private and confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in certain circumstances, as set out below).
- We confirm that any personal information you provide to us will be held securely and in accordance with the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, as amended from time to time, as well as any other relevant data protection or privacy legislation. The types of uses we will make of your personal information in and outside Hong Kong shall include the following (the Purposes):
- ensuring that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- providing you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- research and product development;
- customer service requirements (including dealing with complaints);
- responding to any inquiries or comments that you submit to us;
- financial, regulatory and management reporting, and audit and record keeping;
- complying with laws in or outside Hong Kong;
- legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts; and
- notifying you about changes to our service.
- We may conduct direct marketing via fax, email, direct mail, telephone and other means of communication or send e-newsletters to you. You may choose not to receive promotional materials, by simply telling us (see below for contact details), and we will cease to do so, without charge.
5. Who will Armacell disclose you personal data to?
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
- We may disclose your personal data:-
- to related companies, including our overseas offices, affiliates, business partners and counterparts;
- personnel, agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, financial institutions, and service providers in connection with our operations or services;
- persons under a duty of confidentiality to us;
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which we may disclose your personal details to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- any other person or entity to whom you have consented to us disclosing your personal data;
- persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws in or outside Hong Kong; and
- actual or proposed transferees or participants of our services.
- We cannot guarantee on how third parties use information.
6. Other points of note regarding your personal data
- Please also note that:
- If you do not provide your personal data to us, we may not be able to provide all of our services and features to you;
- We only retain personal date for so long as it is necessary. However, a copy may be archived indefinitely;
- A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
- We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including strictly necessary cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
- In general, you can browse the Website without telling us who you are. The amount of information that you provide to Armacell will depend on the range and number of services that you choose to use. Particular sections of the Website may require you to provide Armacell with personal data, such as your name and email address. We will only ask you to provide personal data that is necessary to provide a service to you or if it is necessary by law to collect such data.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
9. Access to and correction of personal data
- Under the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, individuals have the right:-
- to check whether we hold personal data about you and to access such data; and
- to require us to correct inaccurate data.
- You may request access to personal data we hold about you by contacting us at the address below. A fee may be charged to cover the cost of responding to your request.
- If at any time you believe that the personal data we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request amendment of it.
10. How to contact us
11. Governing law and jurisdiction
12. Third Party Rights