HIGH-PERFORMANCE SOUND ABSORPTION INSULATION FOR A QUIETER ENVIRONMENT
ArmaSound RD240 is a sound absorbing foam insulation designed for use in demanding environments such as the oil and gas industry. As a high-performance sound absorber, it offers an additional barrier (transmission loss) performance and both vibration damping and de-coupling (isolation) properties.
Delivering optimal performance at lower thicknesses than traditional materials, ArmaSound RD240 is a uniquely advanced open-cell acoustic insulation material. Depending on the thickness chosen, ArmaSound RD240 offers excellent sound absorption behaviour across the frequency range.
With a density much greater than traditional acoustic absorption materials, it is also suitable for some applications that may call for an acoustic airborne noise barrier.
ArmaSound RD240 provides a dust- and fibre-free solution and satisfies acoustic classes 6, 7 and 8 according to NOSOK R-004.
The acoustic properties of ArmaSound RD240 varies depending on formulation, density and thickness. The best results will be achieved by selecting the most appropriate product grade for the type of noise in question (e.g. airborne noise, structural noise).
- Excellent sound absorption behavior
- Easy application and low maintenance
- Designed for use in demanding environments
- Compliant to ISO 15665 Classes A to C and Shell DEP 31.46.00.31-Gen Glass D
- Satisfies acoustic classes 6, 7 and 8 according to NORSOK R-007
- Highly hydrophobic, open-cell structure designed to resist water ingress
- Optimum density, air-flow resistivity and complex pore geometry for maximum acoustic benefit
In general applications, ArmaSound RD240 is used as an acoustic insulation material with excellent sound absorption performance in a variety of different applications, e.g. fan-coil units, duct linings, cabinet linings, chiller linings, chiller systems, enclosures, pipelines. In industrial applications, ArmaSound RD240 is used as an important component of ArmaSound Industrial Systems to provide acoustic insulation on industrial pipework and vessels, ensuring reduction of sound transmission.