Armacell respects and upholds your rights under the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) ("Privacy Act").
This policy describes how we manage any personal information we have about you.
2. What personal information about you does Armacell collect and hold?
Armacell may collect and hold the following information about you:
- name(s), address, email address, telephone number(s);
- trading history with us (including purchases, credit and payment history);
- any additional information you provide, such as when you contact our service or sales personnel – such additional information may include details of enquiries and complaints and of servicing needs;
- any information you may provide to us through customer surveys;
- any other personal information which Armacell is required to collect for identification and verification purposes;
- any additional information provided in a consumer or commercial credit application you make.
3. How does Armacell collect and hold your personal information?
Armacell will generally collect your personal information directly from you. Armacell may also collect personal information that you provide via our website and on social media, from lists that we may acquire from organisations who have your personal information and to whom you have provided consent to pass on such information, from regulatory authorities, from Armacell’s related bodies corporate and from our service providers (such as market researchers). Armacell hold your personal information on the secure servers of Armacell and its related bodies corporate located within Germany.
4. What does Armacell do with your personal information?
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes of:
- direct marketing communications (via telephone, mobile, fax, email, direct mail or by targeted advertising on websites and social media platforms) by Armacell;
- market research and product development;
- customer service requirements (including dealing with complaints);
- responding to any inquiries or comments that you submit to us;
- customer service requirements and product development purposes;
- any other purposes you have consented to; or
- any use which is required or authorised by law.
5. Who will Armacell disclose your personal information to?
Armacell may disclose your personal information:
- to related companies;
- to the advisors, consultants and contractors we ordinarily engage for the above purposes (such as mailing houses, market researchers, insurers, printers, lawyers, accountants and other service providers);
- any other person or entity to whom you have consented to Armacell disclosing your personal information; and
- any disclosure which is required or authorised by law, including to AUSTRAC in respect of any suspicious or threshold transactions or activities.
Your personal information may be provided to Armacell’s parent company in Germany and/or Luxembourg. Where your personal information is disclosed to an overseas recipient, we will only do so if we reasonably believe they are subject to laws that protect your personal information in the same or substantially the same way as the Australian Privacy Principles.
We will also take adequate measures to ensure that the personal information is handled by the overseas recipient in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and our instructions for the purpose described above.
Armacell will take reasonable steps to protect and keep secure the personal information we hold.
You may request access to personal information we hold about you by contacting us at the address below. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will endeavour to provide you with a suitable range of choices as to how access is provided (eg, emailing or mailing it to you). A fee may be charged to cover the cost of retrieval.
If at any time you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request amendment of it and we will either amend the information or make a record of your comment, as we think appropriate.
7. Questions and complaints
Marc Sneddon, Business Manager
Armacell Australia Pty Ltd
2/74, Wellington Parade East Melbourne, VIC 3121
Phone: +61 (03) 8710 - 5999
We will respond and advise whether we agree with your complaint. If we do not agree, we will provide reasons. If we do agree, we will advise what (if any) action we consider appropriate to take in response. If you are still not satisfied after having contacted us and given us a reasonable time to respond, then we suggest that you contact the Officer of Australian Information Commissioner by:
Phone: 1300 363 992 (local call cost, but calls from mobile and pay phones may incur higher charges).
If calling from overseas (including Norfolk Island): +61 2 9284 9749
TTY: 1800 620 241 (this number is dedicated to the hearing impaired only, no voice calls)
TIS: Translating and Interpreting Service: 131 450 (If you don’t speak English or English is your second language and you need assistance and ask for the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner)
Post: GPO Box 2999 Canberra ACT 2601
Fax: +61 2 9284 9666
8. Marketing and Opting out
Where we have obtained your consent to do so, or in circumstances where you would reasonably expect that your personal information would be used or disclosed for this purpose, we may contact you from time to time with marketing material about our other products or services, and those of our related entities. We may also share your personal information with our related entities, so that they can provide you directly with marketing material about their products and services. At any time you may opt out of receiving such material from us by contacting Armacell on +61 (03) 8710 - 5999 or by email to email@example.com
Your consent to receive this information will remain current until you advise us otherwise.
9. Armacell Website
In general you can visit the Armacell website without telling us who you are. The amount of information that you provide to Armacell will depend on the range and number of services that you choose to use. Particular sections of the Armacell website may require you to provide Armacell with personal information, such as your name and email address. We will only ask you to provide personal information that is necessary to provide a service to you or if it is necessary by law to collect the information.
By using the Armacell website you agree that the internet is not completely secure and that accordingly we can only use our best endeavours to secure your personal information and cannot provide any definitive assurance regarding security of personal information. Other than liability that cannot lawfully be excluded, Armacell will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or any unintended loss or disclosure of that information.
In this policy "personal information" has the same meaning as under the Privacy Act.